Wheels Through TIme: A Historic Bike Show - Saturday, July 20th
Join us Saturday, July 20th, from 9:00am to 3:00pm at David Davis Mansion, 1000 Monroe Drive in Bloomington, IL for Wheels Through Time: A Historic Bike Show. Ride or bring your bike to join us for the closing event!
* Wheels Through Time: A Historic Bike Exhibit - A selection of bikes from the Wheels O' Time Museum, Dunlap, IL. If you have a historic bike you'd like to show, bring it!
* Bloomington Cycle & Fitness: Display of bikes for riders of all ages, including electric bicycles!
* Peoria Wheelman: Antique bicycles on display
The Historic Acting Troupe will present Encounters with Lincoln's Legacy in period costume at this event. They will portray stories of local citizens whose activities as city promoters and educational advocates after the Civil War helped preserve Lincoln's legacy in Bloomington-Normal. Gunfire in downtown Bloomingon? Oh, yes, it happened in the 1870s, too. Meet a city founder who became wildly successful, then went bankrupt. See the first Adlai Stevenson and his favorite carriage driver. Learn how three well-educated women influenced students of Illinois State Normal University. You'll also see highlights of the lives of nine early city pioneers. Here's the schedule for The Historic Acting Troupe's presentations:
* 9:00-10:00am -- Vignettes at the Lincoln-era Barn behind the Mansion
* 10:30-12Noon -- Informal interactions with visitors inside the Mansion
Other fun and interesting presentations:
* 10:45am AND repeats at 1:30pm -- Two Hundred Years of Bicycles: New Technologies and Social Acceptance 1817-2018, presented by Thomas Burr, Associate Professor of Sociology and Anthropology, Illinois State University, AND Early History of Women's Cycling in Illinois, presented by Christopher Sweet, Bicycle Historian, Illinois Wesleyan University
Crazy Fun Get Involved Activities:
* 12Noon -- Slow Bike Races: Yes, you read that correctly! Bring your bike and participate in this crazy event! Awards will be given!
* 3:00pm -- Casual ride on Constitution Trail ending at Keg Grove Brewery at 4:00pm. Open to the public
The Mansion will be open 9:00am-4:00pm. This event is free and open to the public! All are welcome! Donations gladly accepted. For more information, contact David Davis Mansion at 309-828-1084.
|Event Date||07-20-2019 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||07-20-2019 3:00 pm|