- Field trips to the David Davis Mansion are available for kids ages Kindergarten through 12th grade and can be customized by grade level and class focus. Please see below for specific field trips geared towards Kindergarten through 4th grade.
- There is no fee for field trip programs, and no donation is expected from school groups.
- All groups of 10 or more (including chaperones) must schedule field trips to the mansion in advance.
- The required chaperone-to-student ratio is 1:10.
- Parents and chaperones may be asked to participate in the activities taking place and are therefore discouraged from bringing younger siblings.
- Classes are encouraged to eat lunch on the mansion grounds, which are grassy and shaded by large trees. Inside accommodations can be made for inclement weather.
- To book a program, please call (309) 828-1084 or e-mail [email protected]
90 minutes (One Visit: 2 hours) Offered: Monday thru Friday in December Come take a special tour of the David Davis Mansion when it’s decorated for Christmas in the Victorian style. Learn about the origins of some of your favorite holiday traditions, and others that may…Learn More
Offered: Wednesday thru Friday, Year Around (One visit: 2 Hours in the Fall OR Spring) Each child receives a David Davis Mansion Coloring Book! In this field trip, students will take a detailed tour of the mansion and explore the differences between their modern home and community and…Learn More
Offered on Mondays and Tuesdays in September/October AND April/May Designed as a two-part visit: 2 Hours (Fall AND Spring) In the FALL, students will learn how the Davis family lived when they first moved to this area in the 1840’s to establish a farm. They will: Learn about food preparation…Learn More
Big House on the Prairie Comes Alive This experience is appropriate for a variety of grades by selecting the videos and accompanying lessons which are most appropriate for your class.Learn More